Monday, April 11, 2011

Grandpa's Footsteps

Genealogy is one of my passions.  I have been actively researching my family's history for more than thirty years.  I published a book called The Descendants of Richard Smith of Northumberland County, Virginia in 1996.  The book was printed and sold by me - only a few hundred copies were sold and the book is currently out of print.  However, I have been working on an updated version for some time now.  The original text was 400 pages.  The text, as it currently exists in my computer is well over 1000 pages. 

I would say that it is near completion but a genealologists' work is never done!  There is always one more name to track down, one more date to double-check, one more record to uncover.

This blog was created to disseminate the raw data of my research as I find it.  It is my hope that other family researchers will benefit from this.  I hope to present my information as I find it.  I will also be discussing items that have confounded family researchers over the years.  I will be answering and discussing questions by other researchers.  This is all in an attempt to publish the most correct and thorough work possible.  This site will deal primarily (but not exclusively) with the Smith family and their many, many branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment